Things you don't think about ever seeing, Pt. 1

A Nun. In a wheelchair. Checking the mailbox.
You never have a camera around when you need one, but yesterday, driving to the tanning-salon gym, I saw it. A Nun, in a wheelchair, and she was checking her mail. I don't doubt that Nuns get mail just like the rest of us, and I am sure, thinking about it, that many Brides of Christ who reach their golden years, while still able to be devout need assistance with mobility. But you never think about it all happening at once.
It's like UFOs and asternoids. No, no, hear me out... I mean, there could be a UFO about to land on Planet Earth (it's still a planet, isn't it?) and they're gonna whoop our asses. And by cosmic coincidence, right at that same time, an asteroid is about to hit the planet too. But it slams into the aliens first and then smashes into us. 4 Nuclear winters later, cockroaches and the remnants of humanity start to rebuild civilization never knowing that the same thing that nearly killed them also saved them from complete annihilation.
Not that I am suggesting that Nuns in wheelchairs want to wipe out the human race. Some of them just look forward to getting a birthday card in the mail.
8/30/2006 5:39 AMThat's funny, I can comment on YOUR blog.
(raises eyebrow... )
8/31/2006 6:08 PM
yes, but i DONT require ppl to sign in with their blogger account only!
that raised eyebrow?... you didn't go to the 'Roger Moore School of Acting' did you? eery!
tak
(see below where it lets you chose anon/other/blogger ? your's just has 'blogger')
» Post a Comment