<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Don't let's stay in tonight

Interesting weekend. Not sure what/how to talk about it so I'll hold off on the gory details for now. I've got this burn to go out to a club tonight, but it's sunday, and it's work tomorrow and so you're not supposed to.

I stopped at Denny's and had breakfast on my way home this morning at 5am. What juxtaposes against this is that as I sat there eating my 'extreme slam' with a short stack of pancakes I was reading a book entitled 'The Esoteric Tao Teh Ching'. It was quite the gear strip from just an hour previous. I can't make sense of life sometimes, something says there is no sense. Everything is so random and unconnected, and that's good, some things should never come into contact with each other. I'd probably have to move to another state.

Well, I ain't going out dancin in mah fancy dancy pants so instead here are three great ass-wigglin' tracks, you can shake your groove thing in your chair and get dancey anyway.

Oh Nelly!
(Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous Girl) One of my favorite tracks around at the moment. Lotsa people are saying she sold out, I just think she's doing what an 'artiste' should: experiment. Weird how everyone has to be pigeon-holed, safe, labelled. And I am not sure if I am talking about Nelly or me...
Anyway, Couple of cute guys in the vid - First one has those 'kissable' lips, shaved head, looks a bit edgy. You see them in the clubs being all pouty and with a face looking like a smacked ass, and you think 'Oh yeah!' and you want to have 'a go' on one of them like they were some amusement park ride and then when you hear them speak they ruin it. Oh well.

Second guy gets my vote though, that's a face to launch into and forget to come up for air. I could write a book of fantasies from this image. Sad. I know, I know.

The real mystery of the video is in the third cap though. Just what is Justin Timberlake doing being all goofy in her video? I'd still do him though as well.






I have Faith
(Faithless - One Step Too Far ft. Dido) Dido singing with Faithless - you can't go wrong. Love the glowy blue shot of her dancing in the club, the excellent shots of the party in the toilets brings back memories of going out in Atlanta to the SEMPC and Burkhart's. Especially the 'Action Shot' in one of the stalls. That sounds really dirty. And it was.

I'm still not sure what 'only with mellow while you're thin enough to slide through' means though. Its on my list of phrases I've heard and like but cannot make sense of. I sometimes use them to answer (obtusely) questions from people who are bugging me. The sheer surreality of the reply usually shuts them up.



Yeah, What she said
(Missy Elliot - Lose Control) I swear she's channeling Grace Jones in the first cap, from the first time I heard Missy Elliot in Supa Dupa Fly and watched the video I enjoyed her brand of music, while 'rap' isn't my thing ordinarily, she was somewhat different.

We like Missy, and although I'm not sure about the weird ending (à la Thunderbirds - and isn't that Tommy Lee dancing with her? - mark that as 'Second Weird Celebrity Cameo in a Video' for this post) the song does stomp you around in a good way. I still don't get the whole 'bling' culture (or is it just product placement?) so if anyone knows what the Black Jeep Commander is doing in the video, let me know.


Jacked-out ending and gratuitious SUV placement aside the video still deserves a watch - hey, any club where you can watch people perversly writhing as in the third screen cap gets my vote every time. But you're probably not surprised about that.





Horizontal and Hot
I wasted a lot of today sleeping. Catching up really. Not good sleep either, it's too warm so it was restless and broken. Although the house is cool it's weird how my body is still aware of how warm it is outside and channels in to me. At one point I got up got a bag of frozen corn from the freezer and wrapped it in a pillowcase and put it down on my feet. Note to self: buy more frozen corn. I resent sleep, it wastes time. There should be a tablet you can take to cure it. Anti-Lunesta. The logo should not have some wispy glow-in-the-dark butterfly either, it should be something large, something furious and loud. It should be highly addictive too.

Meanwhile, I'm dancin'... don't let's stay in tonight.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment