<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Signposts

Lucky old caber...


Just laying some stuff down here so I know where to find them.

First this story is amazing.. Baby elephant's imaged from inside the womb. Absolutely wonderful. There's a pic of a fetal dolphin on the article as well. Apparently it was observed moving it's eyes around, curling it's tail fin around itself and 'swimming' inside the womb. The serenity on the elephant's face makes cares melt away.

I promise I won't rant on about this again, it's well known how I feel about the shameful state of things in England with surveillance and the growing police state. So let's just say I read this and rolled my eyes in the campest way I know how. And I really don't know how. It's just disgraceful. I'll stop before I start.



Et In Quebec Ego
Reading about the Canadian PM's declaration that he would recognize Quebec as a nation within a "united Canada" raised my eyebrows as well. Although we in the U.S. don't pay much attention to our northern cousins, this situation and the possible political instability it could cause should be considered a little more seriously. The issue is highly complex and the history of it is longer than most people's attention spans so I won't bore anyone but will link out to it. It's interesting to see the quebecois as an independent nation. What ramifications would result remain to be seen.

It's always good to remember that history is still happening. It's not some solid state rendering in books. The political make-up of other countries and regions is changing (thank you very much mr. bush) and so can ours.

Color me nerdy, but things like this interest me. Plus Quebec's "hidden history" is a lot closer to something most of you have watched in a movie or dvd recently than you may imagine, something which both the French, Irish and Scottish peoples have ties to.

And finally, I had reason to go find a youtube clip of a movie from the early 1990s. The Lawnmower Man. Just watching it again made me realize how good it was considering the computer abilities of the day. I think I may need to go rent it.

As I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving I'll probably be around tomorrow just doing "my thing".. my "thing" being the seven canvasses laid out in my kitchen and dining room that I really need to finish and get hung or send to the gallery to display. If I ever finish them I wish post photos of them here.



Today's..
Song of the Day: Following the Sun - Enigma
Phrase: "Excited as a priest in an orphanage."
Food: Fresh Hawaiian Roughy
Temperature: 63°f
Mood: mellow
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12/01/2006 9:48 AM

I saw the pics of the phoetal animals. I fell in love with the toenails on the elephants feet. Truly a marvel to see inside for a peek at the powers of nature.

It's been forever since I saw Lawnmower man. Ages. And to think that I actually thought that was the pinnacle of computation. I'm not that naive anymore.
Hugs,
kb    



» Post a Comment