<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Hear that sound

Another 'read between the lines' item I caught wind of today. It's not often that two news stories relating like this hit in the same day.

Exhibit 1
John Kerry spoke this morning saying he wouldn't rule out a run in 2008 and once again said he apologized for his 'bad joke' and that it should be left and that we should move on. I agree. Not because I am in love with him (I'm not), but because I think that offense is taken never given.

So, that joke, you remember it, get a college education or you'll find yourself stuck in Iraq. And 'everyone' was offended and tigers and bears, oh fucking my.

Exhibit 2
Well, here's the other end of the stick. Congressman Rangel (Dem NY) was in the news today for saying he would push again (3rd time) in the new session of Congress for a bill to reinstate the Draft. When interviewed he said that because the military is a voluntary service that it is not representative of the nation, that it is attracting youth who are not academically qualified and that the 'richer classes' were not signing up for service. This was leading to an unbalanced military. He also pointed to the fact that if the kids of the lawmakers would have to fight in wars overseas that they may be a little more hesitant to be so gung-ho in voting for such measures.

So there you have it. As is known, every 'joke' has a kernel of truth to it. You know what I think? John Kerry was telling the truth, and we know it. That is why it was offensive. The truth is like hot water, it scalds, but as ever good ol' political correctness has to stamp it's way into the scene and dictate to us that we should be offended, we shouldn't talk about it. It's like the emporer's new clothes.

I think the truth is that the military IS off tilt. Just like the rest of the country.

KIDS, GET AN EDUCATION OR YOU WILL GET STUCK IN IRAQ OR SOME OTHER SHITHOLE.

Unlike Senator Kerry, I don't have to apologize.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment