<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Is it real?

One of the things I've been thinking about recently is the feeling that a lot of the 'news' I am getting is a load of crap. Even the BBC site has received a couple emails from me pointing to crappy journalism standards to say the least.
While they've always gotten back to me to either explain or fess up on issues, the sneaking suspicion that they're not so much bothered about reliable information as 'sticky visitors' is creeping up my spine.
I've been off looking for other sights with more obscure topics and first rate writing.
One of the first sites I came across was "Monsters and Critics'. It's a pretty savvy slash into pop-cul and current events. For personalized feeds and concise layout I went over to Netvibes which is pretty similar to how Google's personalized pages appear or 'My Yahoo' but with the ability to add a lot more sources than other proprietary services.
Beyond stepping into Raw Story terriotry, Huffington Post (heavily slanted but thankfully towards my own general slant) I am watching Reuters video page which automatically starts playing their news segments. It's like turning on the TV. The reporting is good and the coverage broad. BBC video news and CNN's own offerings have long been needlessly 'deep down' and not one-click accessible in a lot of cases but Yahoo!'s video news service collates them into one console with good controls. Just click on any news article or news source and the console opens in a new window.

And if you liked that blather on news sites, bet you can't wait for the next geekfest tak post which will be on rss and feeds.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment