<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

I Heart Delilah Stagg

"Asymmetric politics", or "Gay Rights Gets Clever"
The Atlantic reports that the gay mafia is alive and well and subverting the course of Middle America politics very nicely thank you very much. It all started with a slew of mysterious donations, checks for $1000 started turning up in the mail of candidates who found favor with Software Mug Tim Gill. Working against the current trend of "Glamor Giving", i.e. the Hillarys and Obamas, who are obvious targets for gay dollars in the donations stakes, he is aiming for low key, higher impact campaigns, summing up his philosophy saying,
"A lot of gay donors are driven, cycle to cycle, by the notion that there’s going to be an epiphany—that one day they’ll wake up and accept us, but this group had spent millions of dollars on philanthropy, and yet woken up the morning after the election only to see gay-marriage bans enacted all across the country."
His realism and determination are the stuff of what 21st century 'gay activism' may have to adopt if it is to really succeed and finally achieve something more powerful than 'we're here, we're queer'. Read the full article here.

With Frans like this who needs enemies
I heard someone talking on their cell phone walking past me on the street this week saying, "Jesus Fran, just kill the fucker and take the money." I wasn't sure if I should be worried. I thought about taking an ad out in the paper: "To anyone who knows someone called Fran, tell her to get out now! They're gonna kill her and take the money."
**

One man's poison
Recently been scouring art sites of late and found a couple that really have some quality work in them. The first is Toxicboy, hard to describe so let's just say it is distinctive and urbane,. Of his own work Mikel says, "my work is like a mutated form of fashion photography, with a whole lot more tits and testicles." There ya go.

Renaldi's photography is smooth, thoughtful and real. Of note is the set titled "Hotel Room Portraits" that captures the artist and his partner in hotel rooms around the world. The photolog is a glimpse of a relationship in time, finding itself in different cultures represented solely in the decor of the rooms and the expressions of the subjects. Find his projects page for more excellent collections in the portfolio.

Attention all perverts
I predict that when this stuff hits the market in the U.S. there will be gelli-parties in night clubs, gelli-fights in backyards and gooey gay men everywhere humping and groaning in gellied delight. Watch the video to catch the vision...

Vide Video
As the media adapts and adopts, the interwebs are awash in video sites, Liveleak is one that I've been watching for a while now. With the advent of two channels (here and here) from the BBC on youtube and their progression to web delivery via joost it's just a matter of time before true 'on demand' television arrives. Just imagining the vast vaults of shows that may become available makes me salivate.

In addition, for anyone who has BBCAmerica, I recommend the latest offering from Jennifer Saunders ("French and Saunders", "Absolutely Fabulous") to truly see the deeper side of her writing and production. "Clatterford" ("Jam and Jerusalem" in the U.K.) is a great look at rural life in England, you know, the one you Americans think all British people lead. Funny, tender, sad and awkward, it may have a difficult time being labeled in label crazy American's minds, but comedy it is, just not slapstick... Of note is Joanna Lumley who plays Delilah Stagg, a dilapidated, eccentric village loon living in a world of her own. For some reason I identify.

The front page of the BBCAmerica page has a collection of clips from the show, it's the third option down in the video menu on the left.

It's 3.15am and I am trying to avoid finishing a paper on geometry. Don't ask.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3/16/2007 12:21 AM

"Don't forget to wash the goo out of your hair"

I've found that to be good advice pretty much all the time.

I've seen a couple of episodes of Jam and Jerusalem - it's funny in that special BBC way.

I'm watching Two's Company right now.    



3/19/2007 3:55 PM

I've had my fill of gay politics. Let the kiddies have a turn for a while. I'm old and I'd rather sit in a bath of goo with you anywho. I prefer blue...how's about you?

It was nice to see that even though those two blokes had wonderful bods, their hair looked like shite most of the time LOL. Hair...the great equalizer.
Mwah,
kb    



4/01/2007 5:15 AM

is it bad that i wanna be in the gelli bath with a hot hunky guy?    



4/19/2007 7:04 PM

you.
are.
not.
blogging.
enough.
:-(

just sayin'    



» Post a Comment