<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24697920?origin\x3dhttp://tacnik.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You don't fool me Johnny


That's the ticket... Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris is barring over 70 Muslim employees and has others under surveillance. They are a risk to passenger safety. Quite and inflammatory move on the face of it. The article says they were tracked and found to have visited 'terrorist training camps' in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I remember CDG. I've been thru it a couple of times. Horrible, plastic chairs and bad layout and design, rude staff and poor facilities. I always steer people going thru Europe to go via Schipol in Amsters.

As for this 'Muslim problem' I really dunno.. Some days I think it's all made up (no, I'm not a conspiracy theorist more of a believer in some people's ability to capitalize on what happens) and then I think hmm... maybe there is some great plot out there waiting to be executed.

Whatever this new 'order' of things to come will be out of all this chaos remains to be seen. There seems to be some themes running thru all the mess though.. Take a look at this list.

Personal ID theft.
OK, quick test, let's do the 6 degree thing. Ask 6 people you know if they or anyone they know have had their 'identity' stolen. I think I know the answer that will come back. Sure, it happens, but I doubt very much to the scale that the *ahem* 'media' would have us scared into believing.


Death and Destruction
Two things here.. the 'proverbial dirty bomb' that's coming to a city near you and bird flu. Remember this time last year? We were almost promised that millions of us were going to die. Now, let's ask.. just 'where' is this bird flu this year? Why are we not hearing about it now? And the low-level hysteria (an oxymoron I know, but it's 4am as I write this and I'm on a roll) over some form of 'chemical attack' (oh those naughty Muslims again) that would decimate an urban population and render some metropolitan area significantly unusable for a long time. Well it seems we are not to worry about it now. Please people, move along now, nothing to see here, c'mon, move along now...

Every Little Step You Take
From Echelon schemes, key-stroke loggers in the work place, cameras on the highways and GPS units fitted to company vehicles. You are being tracked I've talked before about how the U.K. is basically everything George Orwell warned us about. Here is an article from one of their OWN experts and yet still the fools (I can call them that because I am natively one of them too) still don't hear the truth and wake up from this nightmare. I hate going back and driving on roads being watched by cameras all the way. I drove from London to my home town in the north a year ago, a drive of about 350 miles, 80% of which was freeway (motorway) driving knowing that only about the last 3 minutes (my folks live in a very small town) was NOT logged, recored and stored digitally (for 5 years). The average inhabitant of London is recorded on video 300 times a day. Given that most people are in their homes and asleep for about 8 hours a day that means they are clocked 19 times an hour... How would you like someone in your face taking your picture every three minutes to track you? Evidentially they don't mind. Watch the surveillance scenes in a Scanner Darkly and catch V for Vendetta (a chilling prediction come true) and take it from me... it's already there.


Course, everyone is hooked on the government propaganda, 'if you've done nothing wrong why would you mind?' and those who are pet shop boys fans will understand more about the last song on their latest album. Even my family say it and think I'm just 'cowboy loopy' (as they call it) when I talk about being able to get away from the 'eyes'.

So yeah, here in the U.S. we think it's cool to be able to go to a commuterlink website and check the roads out for ourselves. But next time you do, think about what other 'eyes' and agendas are using those cameras.

Alright, back to the list.

One Rule For You, For Us Another
Gay marriage and straight marriage, oh it's so easy to think of it in terms of the discrimination and the much-pushed angles. But here's the key, is it really an issue of sexual preference and religion or is it being used for something else? A nation turned upon itself is a nation weakened in ALL areas, not just the point of difference. Think about this, if I want you ALL to support me on something, but don't think I can get what I need, then all I have to do is divide you up. If there was a three party system in the U.S. NEITHER the republicans or the democrats would attain majority. So as a republican President wanting to get my gregarious way, how do I do it? I split you all up into factions. It's like the old saying about moving a mountain one shovel full at a time. And you thought he was just plain ol' stupid huh? He's a cattleman and I've known a lot of them, being out here in ranch country... they're not street smart at all, but boy, when it comes to herding cows and wrangling... well, just look around.


Is It Hot In Here Or Is It Just Me?
So remember how last year it was the 'end of the world' as far as hurricanes go? And we were promised an ever-increasing onslaught of tropical storm disasters? Even this year there was rumbling hype of a hurricane hitting New York (it was almost as if 'they' were wishing it). Global warming, it's gonna kill us all! Run for cover, stop using your car, stop burning fossil fuels, stop farting methane into the air... Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in GWB's pocket on this, but I'm not exactly having dinner with Al Gore either. The science IS inconclusive. I've read studies showing that overall the earth's climate has COOLED over the past 150 years, I've seen stats showing a DOWNWARD trend when annual temperatures were collated from 1930 to present day. I'm not saying they were the truth of the matter, but as with all things, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, something more balanced, but good ol Johnny No Mates reading the news wants you to sweat a little and have a chill go down your back all at the same time... it IS the end of the world, after all.

I'm going to stop now, this post is FAR too long, filled with too many parenthetical sidelines and is indulging my hobby of rambling and trying to sort the world out. But kids, just do me a favor... THINK about things. And look for the real story behind the crap that the TV and the internet are feeding you. Be an observer in the forum, retain the right to objectivity and never get down in the sawdust pit and start fighting... they've got you by the short and curlies if you do that.


and please VOTE next week. A people are only overrun insomuch as they separate themselves from those elected to govern.


(Oh, the pictures? Well, I had to give you some reason to keep going thru the diatribe.)

insomniactak
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11/02/2006 6:26 AM

I wanted to read the whole thing, but I got stuck on the first picture.

Wow. Just wow.

And, yes, I will be voting next Tuesday, and hope everyone gets a chance to get to the polls.    



11/02/2006 6:48 AM

i once got to a pole.. ok, bad joke.. but he was the real deal. another story for another time.

in my state we can vote this week by going to any county/city clerk office.. i think other states have early voting too, there's just no excuse.

damn that first picture... i rambled some quality crap for you to read... :)

tak    



11/02/2006 6:55 AM

The government would be in great shape if it wasn't run by politicians.    



» Post a Comment